Have you heard about our high performance, energy-efficient new construction homes? You can save tons of money on your energy bills every month! Who doesn’t love saving money! We collaborate with Duke Energy Progress to improve the energy efficiency of our homes beyond the standard building codes. These homes are located in our neighborhoods that use Duke/Progress utilities – which are: Asheboro West, Cypress Landing, The Landing at Cooper Fields, and West Hampton. The program scores your home using an independent and nationally accredited Home Energy Rating System. According to the U.S Department of Energy, a typical resale home scores 130 on the HERS index. A standard home in the Duke Energy Progress region scores 85. The average score of a Four Seasons new construction home is between 70 and 55. The lower the HERS score, the more money you save!
Now, let’s discuss the details of these energy efficient features:
- Upgraded Insulation minimizes drafts to ensure energy efficiency
- LED Lighting majority of the home will have LED lighting, but not 100%
- Thermal Windows & Doors
- Low-E Windows has a special coating applied to the windows that reflect light outside of the house during the summer in order to cool the home. In the winter the windows reflect light inside the home in order to heat the home.
- Radiant Barrier Sheathing keeps the attic cooler or warmer (depending on the outside temperature) by 10-20 degrees, which will decrease the cooling or heating bill
- Electric Hybrid Hot Water Heater
- Blower Door Test The HERS rater will perform a blower door test to assess for the amount of air leakage in your home. The program ensures that the home is at least 20 % tighter than current building requirements.
Buying a home is a huge investment. Make sure you make the most of your investment by purchasing a Duke Energy Progress HERO home. Four Seasons Contractors takes pride in being able to offer you the benefits of this program with our new construction homes. If you are interested in learning more about this program and about our new homes, visit duke-energy.com/mynewhome and 4scnc.com
Or call our office at (252) 462-0022 to schedule a showing in one of our HERS rated homes to learn more about what Four Seasons Contractors has to offer. Let us show you the true craftsmanship of a Four Seasons home, which goes beyond what the eyes can see!